OBIEE Course Content
1. Introduction To Data Warehousing
- Introduction to various methods in Data Warehouses.
- Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ODS, OLTP and OLAP.
- learn about basic concepts of Data Warehousing and understand the differences and advantages of OLTP and OLAP.
2. Overview Of Data Modeling
- Data Modeling concept of OBIEE Period Rolling.
- Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schems, SnowFlake Schema.
- Dimensional Data Modeling such as Facts, Dimensions, Star Schema and SnowFlake Schema with examples.
3. Introduction To Business Intelligence
- What is Business Intelligence
- Where BI tools are Used
- Why the Oracle Business Intelligence
- Clients – Answers
- Dashboards and Web administration
- Servers- Oracle BI server
- Scheduler server
4. OBIEE Repositor
- Objects of Physical Layer
- DSN for a data sources
- Build physical layer
5. Business Model And Presentation Layer
- Learning Objectives : After the creation of Business Model and Mapping layer, entire business models can be drag and drop to the Presentation layer in the Administration Tool.
- Topics Include : Objects, Simple Measures, Presentation layer, Properties, Create and Build.
- Practicals Covered : In this session, we will understand the concepts and measures that needs to be taken before creating a Business Model and understand how to present data and control the access permissions.
6. Testing And Validating Repository
- Checking repository consistency
- Checking Global Consistency
- Inspecting Oracle Answers and SQL
- Inspecting log files (Nqquery.log, NQSserver.log)
7. Adding Multiple Sources To Dimension
- De-normalizing tables structures in database design
- Adding multiple sources to existing logical tables source
- Adding second table sources
8. Adding Calculations To Fact
- Calculation measures on the basis of physical and logical columns
- Using Calculation wizard
9. Creating Dimensional Hierarchies And Level Based Measures
- Creating dimensional hierarchies
- Using level based measures
- Creating Rank and Share measures
10. Using Aggregation
- Importing Aggregated Tables into Repository
- Modeling aggregate tables to speed processing
11. Using Variables
- Presentation Variables
- Repository variables
- Session variables
- Initialization Blocks
12. Multi-User Environment (MUD)
- Overview on Multi-user Environment (MUD)
- How to create projects in MUD
- Checkout and check-in of projects
13. Modeling Time Series Data
- Types of SCDS
- Using of time series functions
14. Modeling Extension Tables
- Purposes of extension tables
- Modeling extension tables for fact and dimensions
15. Security In OBIEE
- OBIEE security is defined by the use of a role-based access control model.
- Create Users, Groups and setting up access permissions to users, authentication etc.
- how to secure data by restricting access to users based on their roles.
16. Cache Management
- Cache management in OBIEE is done from multiple points.
- Caching Tables, NQSCONFIG.INI file.
- how to improve performance using caching.
17. Presentation Services And Answers
- Learning Objectives : Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation Catalog.
- Topics Include : Business requests, filters, creating views and charts.
- Practicals Covered : In this class, we will will cover how to create answers using Business requests and filter requests using criteria and visualizing them using charts
18. Oracle Business Intelligence Dashboards
- Dashboard Pages and Prompts, Navigation Links, Conditional Links, How to add content to dashboard.
- work on creating dashboard pages and also learn to administer them.
19. Administering OBI Presentation Catalogue
- Using catalogue management to maintain web catalogue
- Creating catalogue groups
- Issuing privileges etc.